1.6.0 W.I.P. male improvement
17 May 2017
Increasing the correctness of the male anatomy. [See the image..]
1.6.0 W.I.P. IK prototype
11 May 2017
Testing the prototype of IK rigging for characters in vers. 1.6.0. [See the video]
Facebook official page
If you like the lab...
1.6.0 W.I.P. Hands improvement
05 May 2017
Increasing the correctness of the hand anatomy and the realism of hand poses. [See the image..]
1.6.0 W.I.P. Skeleton improvements
02 May 2017
These improvements will greatly improve realism of animations. [See the image..]
Official Youtube channel
If you like the lab...
This channel collects videos about the development of my open source projects related to 3d humanoids, computer graphic and Blender [ Visit the channel...]
1.6.0 tasks progress page
25 April 2017
The detailed tasks progress page for 1.6.0 is ready and will be updated very often! [Read more..]
14 April 2017
The new version 1.5.0 is available! [See the release notes]
Motion retarget system: video preview
28 March 2017
A preview of the retarget system that will be included in expressions of 1.5.0 [See the video]
Completion of asian female prototype
18 March 2017
Manuelbastionilab 1.5.0 W.I.P: Asian female prototype completed. [See the image...]
Micro movements in the expressions
11 March 2017
A preview of the muscle micro movements that will be included in expressions of 1.5.0 [See the video]
1.5.0 dev progress
03 March 2017
A page to follow the progress of 1.5.0 development [Read more...]
21 February 2017
The new female elf prototype. [Read more...]
9 February 2017
The new caucasian male prototype. [Read more...]
2 February 2017
Teeth and tongue shader and textures. [Read more...]
22 January 2017
A new character to test the lab technology. [Read more...]
16 January 2017
Improvement of Asian female prototype. [Read more...]
Since Jan 2016
See the full development history. [Visit the archive]
The technology of virtual humanoids is constantly in evolution, so it's hard to list all the features to implement and the amount of research and time required.
The list below is just the outline of the development.
The roadmap is designed to have a release every two-three months.
Features planned for ManuelbastioniLAB 1.6
Due to the dynamics of development the muscle system, that was planned for 1.7 is brought forward to 1.6.0, while the texture editor, planned for 1.6.0, is moved to 1.7.0.
To know the detailed list of features and the development progress see the tasks progress page.
This release will be mainly focused on a complex engine for muscle simulation.
- Muscle system
- Inverse kinematiks support
- Improvement for motion capture support
- Support for proxy animation
Features planned for ManuelbastioniLAB 1.7
This release will be focused on the improvement of the skin editor, in order to add more options, more details and greatly improve the quality and the realism of the rendering.
- Big improvement of skin texture editor, with more features, new layer system and mix options.
- Improvement of some morphings and addition of more details in the anime texture
- Muscle engine: a system to simulate the actions of muscles under the skin.
Features planned for ManuelbastioniLAB 1.8
- Asymmetry engine for the face. Currently, all the faces generated with the lab are perfectly symmetrical. The asymmetry engine will introduce the possibility to break the symmetry and increment the realism, using a database of the most common variations in human physiognomy.[*]
- Automodelling system to face. The 1.8 will include a first prototype of auto face modelling.
This is a milestone and it will require a big amount of time and research.
The goal is to create a tool based on euristic process that permits to easily model the face of the character using as reference a skecth or a photo.
- Improvement of the measure system and body automodelling algorithm.
Depending many factors, some of these features can be moved in one of the releases above. Most of them will be developed after 1.8.
- Hair system
- Library of hairstyles
- Library of texture details
- Library of base clothes
- Pose corrections -> muscle system -> Assigned to 1.6.0
- Softbodies simulation
- Low poly characters
- Special base characters
- Western style toons
- More anime styles
- Advanced rigging system -> Assigned to 1.6.0
- Element selector
- Multiple UV layouts
- Teeth modifiers
- Preservation of expressions after finalize process.
- Import/export of clothes
- Skin shader for Blender internal
*The features marked with an asterisk can be postponed, depending on the time required by the development of main goal.
*Features marked with the "?" are still under feasibility evaluation.