1.6.0 W.I.P. Hair library
22 June 2017
High quality 3D hair library and improvements of the proxy system [Read more..]
1.6.0 W.I.P. New expression system
07 June 2017
Article + video preview of the new expression system [Read more..]
1.6.0 W.I.P. New animation correction tool
01 June 2017
A short article + one video to show this new feature under development for lab 1.6.0 [Read more..]
Facebook official page
If you like the lab...
1.6.0 W.I.P. New philosophy in production pipeline
27 May 2017
The lab will be more usable and productive. The article illustrates the main changes in GUI and philosophy. [Read more..]
1.6.0 W.I.P. male improvement
17 May 2017
Increasing the correctness of the male anatomy. [See the image..]
Official Youtube channel
If you like the lab...
This channel collects videos about the development of my open source projects related to 3d humanoids, computer graphic and Blender [ Visit the channel...]
1.6.0 W.I.P. IK prototype
11 May 2017
Testing the prototype of IK rigging for characters in vers. 1.6.0. [See the video]
1.6.0 W.I.P. Hands improvement
05 May 2017
Increasing the correctness of the hand anatomy and the realism of hand poses. [See the image..]
1.6.0 W.I.P. Skeleton improvements
02 May 2017
These improvements will greatly improve realism of animations. [See the image..]
1.6.0 tasks progress page
25 April 2017
The detailed tasks progress page for 1.6.0 is ready and will be updated very often! [Read more..]
14 April 2017
The new version 1.5.0 is available! [See the release notes]
Motion retarget system: video preview
28 March 2017
A preview of the retarget system that will be included in expressions of 1.5.0 [See the video]
Completion of asian female prototype
18 March 2017
Manuelbastionilab 1.5.0 W.I.P: Asian female prototype completed. [See the image...]
Micro movements in the expressions
11 March 2017
A preview of the muscle micro movements that will be included in expressions of 1.5.0 [See the video]
1.5.0 dev progress
03 March 2017
A page to follow the progress of 1.5.0 development [Read more...]
21 February 2017
The new female elf prototype. [Read more...]
9 February 2017
The new caucasian male prototype. [Read more...]
2 February 2017
Teeth and tongue shader and textures. [Read more...]
Since Jan 2016
See the full development history. [Visit the archive]
Release notes for ManuelBastioniLAB 1.4.0
Welcome to ManuelbastioniLAB 1.4.0! This new version includes new models, new textures, big improvements in algorithms, new interface and many bug fixes. Have fun!
ManuelBastioniLAB 1.4.0 (download here) introduces five new types for base characters: realistic anime (male and female), elves (male and female) and male dwarf.
The other base types (caucasian, asian and afro) are also improved in terms of accuracy and details of the anatomy.
The anime base models and many related morphings are improved in anatomy and style.
The UV layout is completely redesigned in order to be symmetrical and to use most of the available texture space. All textures are improved. Details are separated from the diffuse texture: this is a preliminary step for the next evolution of the texture editor. The displacement now is calculated on a HD texture 2048x2048.
The topology of humans and anime characters is improved and optimized, in order to reduce the possibility of errors in the area around the eyes.
Big improvements in the toon shader for Cycles: asymmetrical secondary tone, ambient occlusion, water-colour effect and asymmetrical reflection. Improvements in teeth shader.
The proxy system permits to fit any mesh after an initial calibration on the default character. Now the implementation is more stable: it uses barycentric_transform instead of inverse matrix.
Also after the calibration for a specific base type, the proxy can be saved in blend format and appended to any scene that includes a derived character: It will work automatically without need to be recalibrated.
The interface is now very simple, and in most of cases the whole fitting is matter of one click only.
The video below (published on the official Youtube channel) was created during the development of the tool and shows a basic example of proxy usage (fitting of some spheres).
In version 1.4 there is a big improvement in the rigging of upper torso, in particular in the neck area. Also now all female characters have a special breast rigging, useful to simulate clothes push, gravity, etc..
Also, in version 1.4, the pose system will use the Blender corrective smooth modifier by default.
More new features
- New poses in the pose library
- Now the anime characters can save the dermal texture
- Now the finalize process can automatically save all the images used in the shader
- Added Torso_SizeY option
- Improved algorithm of random generator, with some bug fixed
- Improvement of poses library
- Better calibration of studio lights
- Improvement of female breast morph
- Improved muscles in male bodybuilder
- Improved the cheek side crease morphing
- Improved feet shape
- 1.4.0 uses new collapsable buttons to reduce the screen space used by the GUI.
- Now meta parameters show the current age, fat and mass info
- Now the export buttons are contained in the contextual tab
- Now the lab is compatible with Blender 2.76
- Now the system softly handles the error of an humanoid wrongly renamed
- Now the system softly handle the errors of libraries not found
- The blend library is optimized from 100 MB to 30 MB of space
- Improved the bounding box system
- Optimized textures database and morphs data
- Now material are correctly imported reading native json format
- Now the GUI code is even more separated from the technical code
- Fixed a bug related to the integration in Blender undo system
- Fixed the cheek mass-tone meta parameter.
- Fixed some morphing expressions
- Fixed a bug in expression "kiss"
- Fixed error in toracic curve
- Fixed error in torso size Y
- Fixed error in waist size.
- Fixed error in pelvis size X
- Fixed errors in afro male nose
- Fixed bug in metaparameters cheeks