1.6.0 tasks progress page
25 April 2017
The detailed tasks progress page for 1.6.0 is ready and will be updated very often! [Read more..]
14 April 2017
The new version 1.5.0 is available! [See the release notes]
Facebook official page
If you like the lab...
Motion retarget system: video preview
28 March 2017
A preview of the retarget system that will be included in expressions of 1.5.0 [See the video]
Official Youtube channel
If you like the lab...
This channel collects videos about the development of my open source projects related to 3d humanoids, computer graphic and Blender [ Visit the channel...]
Completion of asian female prototype
18 March 2017
Manuelbastionilab 1.5.0 W.I.P: Asian female prototype completed. [See the image...]
Micro movements in the expressions
11 March 2017
A preview of the muscle micro movements that will be included in expressions of 1.5.0 [See the video]
1.5.0 dev progress
03 March 2017
A page to follow the progress of 1.5.0 development [Read more...]
21 February 2017
The new female elf prototype. [Read more...]
9 February 2017
The new caucasian male prototype. [Read more...]
2 February 2017
Teeth and tongue shader and textures. [Read more...]
22 January 2017
A new character to test the lab technology. [Read more...]
16 January 2017
Improvement of Asian female prototype. [Read more...]
Since Jan 2016
See the full development history. [Visit the archive]
Release notes for ManuelBastioniLAB 1.5.0
The version 1.5.0 of ManuelbastioniLAB, the free and open source character editor for Blender, is ready for download. Many exciting features: support for motion capture, advanced new shaders, improvements of the professional mesh topologies, anatomy improvements, new textures, better expressions and rest poses selector. Watch the video to discover all the new features and improvements!
ManuelBastioniLAB 1.5.0 greatly improves the accuracy of the anatomy and realism of the human models.
All textures are improved and optimized. The displacement database is greatly enhanced (see the images below). Separate details and complexion textures are no longer used.
The topology of humans is enhanced and optimized, in order to clean the topology of neck, shoulder, pectoral and stomach. Added the geometry for inner mouth sides.
Big improvements in the skin shader for Cycles: NPR core, double reflection layers, procedural "skin age". Improvements in teeth and eye shaders.
Support for motion capture
ManuelbastioniLAB 1.5.0 introduces a new technology: an expert system analyzes the structure of a motion capture file (.bvh) and automatically maps the skeletons in order to transfer the motion from the source to the lab character.
The video below shows the use of this new feature
Lab 1.5.0 implements the twist bones as part of the standard skeleton. Vertex weights are improved for neck and lower arm.
More new features and improvements
- Rest pose selector in Finalize panel
- Option to automatically backup character and textures before the finalize process
- Option to remove the modifiers during the finalize process
- New poses in the pose library
- New morphings: abdominal mass and tone, jaw angle, cheeks doubleCrease, no ears, bow legs, nose posY, eyebrows droop
- Improvement of joints position
- New database system
- Fixed some modelling imperfections in realistic anime models
- Fixed some vertices in anime models
- Fixed rot lock in skeleton bones
- Fixed side of hands and feet in UV projection
- Now the proxy system softly handle conflicts with Blender modifiers (i.e. a mask modifier)
- Fixed an issue with rendering engine option
- Fixed a bug in image loading when the image is already present in the scene. Now the system updates the existing image.